Since the changes to the CDM Regulations in 2015, the client, the principal designer and the principal contractor now all have key Health and Safety duties to fulfil on a project (even if it is domestic).
The duties are all around planning and managing the risks involved in the project from start to finish, how work is co-ordinated, how the team ensure everyone has the right information to work safely and how the work is safely planned and managed. A summary of key duties from the HSE can be found here.
At the start of the project a Pre-Construction Phase Information (PCP) needs to be provided to the main contractor, who then needs to produce a Construction Phase Plan (CPP) for the project. Prior to practical completion, a Health and Safety File and O&Ms File (Operation and Management) need to be compiled for the client.
We appreciate how busy you are so delegate the administrative work to us, from filing the F10 and vetting sub-contractors, right through to compiling or checking all the files involved in the project. We'll also help put together user or tenant packs if you need us to.
There are lots of other project issues we can help you with - these include:
- Asbestos surveys including R&D surveys
- Asbestos Management surveys and reports
- Removal of hazardous waste
- Fire Risk Assessments for the project site and the completed building
- EPCs for the completed building as well as DECs and other energy management and carbon reporting if you require it