Elaine Hutchinson established Safe Systems Consultancy Ltd in 2012 and there are now nearly twenty of us on the team, making our business work for you.
How we work at Safe Systems Consultancy
At Safe Systems Consultancy we are here to support you in keeping your staff and visitors safe at work, so that you can continue to do what you do best - growing your business, confident that you have competent advice and support when you need it. We see ourselves as part of your team - working with you to help keep your business and those associated with it safe and helping you maintain legal, professional and industry specific compliance. We can work with you in one of two ways - either as part of our VIP scheme where you subscribe to a package of services that best suits your business needs or on a consultancy basis.
If you are looking for on-going support or to nominate us as your 'appointed' person then the VIP packages are perfect. You subscribe to the package that best suits your business needs or we create a bespoke scheme to suit you. It is paid for monthly over an agreed term or as an up-front or a one off payment (with a discount included). Joining the scheme removes the responsibility of making day-to-day decisions but keeps you in control and allows you to draw on our many years of experience, saving you time, money and giving you the reassurance that you have expert help and support.
Under the scheme you could ask us to act as your 'appointed' H&S consultants. If you are not sure which package is best you have already got some H&S in place or you would like a bespoke package, we are more than happy to help - just contact one of the team for advice.
This is defined by specified outcomes which are agreed in advance and which are subject to our consultancy fee structure. We can also have an agreed 'ad hoc' arrangement in place. If you have in-house H&S, or simply want to 'top up' your existing arrangements, for example with some additional training, this might be the ideal way of working with you.
When we start working together, you will be introduced to your lead team member, either in person or via a telephone meeting and they will be your main point of contact with us. Other expert staff may step in to help with some aspects of your business, e.g. specific training or audits, but your lead team member will always have an up-to-date view of how we are working with you.
We are here to help with all your business related H&S issues and concerns, which is why, if you subscribe to a VIP package, we have a dedicated phone and email system so you can deal with problems as they arise - even out of the traditional 9-5 working day and we guarantee a quick response when you need it.
When we have agreed and signed a contract we will present you with a welcome pack, which will include further details of how we work, information about the team and our services.
We also provide a library of Health and Safety information, guidance and templates all of which are freely available for you to use.
The main areas of health, safety and well-being that we are involved in include:
- Health and Safety advice, support and documentation
- Training and instant e-training in a wide range of H&S areas including: First Aid, Manual Handling, Working at Height, Asbestos awareness, Food Safety, Safe Guarding, H&S for directors and managers, Writing Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of work and CoSHH
- Asbestos services - R&D surveys, registers, removal of licensed and unlicensed waste
- Fire Risk Assessments and assessments for Noise, Dust and Vibration
- Driver training - individual or fleet, including blue light training
- Workplace Health and Wellbeing
- Emergency Action Plans and some aspects of Business Continuity Planning from an H&S perspective
- Accident investigation
- Human factors around H&S, workplace H&S culture and accident prevention
- Environmental factors including energy consultancy and EPCs
- Data management systems for H&S management (and HR if required)
- Industry specific packs - bronze, silver and gold options
- Instant documentation downloads from the website
- CDM advice and guidance including contractor compliance - we can work with all of the key duty holders to help them maintain compliance under CDM 2015 and this includes PCPs, CPPs, H&S/O&Ms files, Contractor Vetting, Vetting site documentation, site audits and inspections, tool box talks and training